Stay in the dark age and plunder your enemy with 100 militia!
- Game Type: Random Map
- Map: Arabia or another open map
- Number of players: 2-8
- Map Size: According to the players or smaller
- Teams: Teams Together and locked
- Speed: Normal
- Victory: Conquest
- Stay in the Dark Age!
There is a minor difference between civs in the dark age, but some civs still hold the edge through economic and technologic advantages. E.g. Aztecs have extra gold and faster unit creation and on top of that their villagers carry more. Chinese have better farms, Celts have faster woodcutters and huns can save on houses. Mongols hunt faster for a headstart etc. It’s generally about your dark age bonus.
Hints & Tips
- Scouting: Keep scouting the map for enemy villagers. No extra TC or towers can be built, so your militia will have a free pass for raiding.
- Walling: Walling off big chunks of your economy can prevent raids from militia.
- Attacking: Try to spread some attacks if possible. Villagers do well against militia, but they need to be micromanaged.
- Economy Balance: Because there are no economic upgrades available, you’ll have to pay more attention to your economy. More villagers are needed for the same amount of resources and farms are exhausted much faster than in feudal.
In this game Daut and Ruso decided to stay in the Dark Age all game long. Just enjoy the record!
- _DauT_ vs L_Clan_Ruso: Here you can download a top rated dark age game. Both players are Aztec.