infantry is rarely used in a traditional game. Maybe a little drushing and some pikes later. But overall archers and cavalry (or the dreadful combination of both) rule the scene. How about we don’t do that for once?
- Game Type: Random Map
- Map: Arabia or another open map
- Number of players: 2-8
- Map Size: According to the players or smaller
- Teams: Teams Together and locked
- Speed: Normal
- Victory: Conquest
- Only infantry and some siege can be made!
- This includes all barracks units: Champion-line, Pikeman-line and Eagles
- But also includes unique units: Berserker, Woad Raider, Huskarl, Jaguar Warrior, Throwing Axeman, Samurai and Teutonic Knight
- Monks cannot be made as a force, only for relic gathering!
- Only Rams, Onagers, Bombard Cannons and Trebuchets can be used alongside your infantry. No Scorpions!
Civilisations with unique infantry units and overall infantry bonusses do best here.
Hints & Tips
- Economy: infantry is very heavy on your food supplies, adapting your economy to this will be quite hard for less experienced players.
- Unique Units: Jaguar Warriors are NOT invincible on this map. They are beaten costwise by Goth champions. Massed Axes perform well too. And Teutonic Knights absolutely pulverize both previously mentioned. There is no über-unit in the game, although the Aztecs obviously have an advantage. In fact, it would be best to pick one of the top tier civs for this game to make it more interesting.
- Rams: The biggest weakness of infantry is their lack of piercing armor. Tearing down buildings is not that hard, but Castles may prove to be hard. So don’t forget to garrison units in rams! Not only makes it your rams faster and stronger, but also protects your infantry against those dreadful arrows.