Play a game where you know none of your allies or enemies. Forge alliances on the go and hope you made the right choice. Your identity is a secret well kept!
- Game Type: Random Map
- Map: Maps with (natural) borders. Open maps and Oasis are not so good.
- Number of players: 5-8
- Map Size: According to the players or bigger
- Teams: FFA, Teams unlocked
- Speed: Normal
- Victory: Conquest
- All players have the same name: “NAME”. Clients such as GameRanger or playing through LAN will make this possible. Before the game starts it’s best to switch host, so the host’s identity remains a secret too.
- No more than 2 allies at any time in the game! Ending up with 2 vs 6 is not fun.
- Keep your identity hidden at all costs!
All civilizations are good at NAME Games. It all depends on the map and how the game evolves.
Hints & Tips
- Scouting: Scout all of the map! Knowing the lay of the land is important, and you don’t know where your ally will be in advance.
- Trading: Trade is hard but may be handy. Try to have a clear view on the alliances when putting down a traderoute.
- Players: It’s most fun to play this game with friends or known players. Trying to recognize your friends by their playstyle is often more fun than actually winning the game.